The Death of Jonbeñet Ramsey

Hey guys

I know this is a very mysterious and out of the blue post but it’s something I’m really interested in. Recently I watched a show all about this situation and I got really intreated by it. Plus! I thought it would make a cool post.

Jonbeñet Ramsey was 6 years old when she was murdered in her home the night of December 26, 1996. To this day no one has been charged in the case and the investigation is still open. Jonbeñet lived in Boulder Colorado with her mother, father, and brother. As a kid she won the following beauty pageants – Little Miss Colorado, Little Miss Charlevoix, Colorado State All-Star Kids Cover Girl, America’s Royale Miss, and National Tiny Miss Beauty.

Bing Free to Use Image

There are many suspicions about how Jonbeñet died and who her killer is. Today I will be talking about each suspicion…

Pasty Ramsey (Jonbeñet’s mother)

Before Jonbeñet was murdered there was a note left that was filled with quotes from movies including “Dirty Harry” (1971), “Ransom” (1996), and “Speed” (1994). The note talked about how “someone” kidnapped Jonbeñet and was threatening to kill her. Patsy was the first to know JonBenét was missing when she found a two-and-a-half-page, handwritten ransom note at the bottom of the staircase. Analysis of the note says that it was probably written by a woman. Patsy was believed to be a strict mother, and some claim she physically punished JonBenét for not listening.

John Bennet Ramsey (Jonbeñet’s father)

The reason people believe it was her parents is because of the lack of footsteps of any kind in the snow surrounding their home. John Bennett Ramsey found his daughter’s dead body in the basement wine cellar, and carried her upstairs. People think that Patsy and John murdered her together or at least covered it up together.

Bing Free to Use Image

Burke Ramsey (Jonbeñet’s Brother)

Burke was nine years old when Jonbeñet was murdered. Some theorists believe that he killed JonBenét by angrily throwing a flashlight at her head. There was a blow to JonBenét’s head and a flashlight in the kitchen, where the two kids had allegedly eaten pineapple before bed. It was discovered that JonBenét had eaten pineapple shortly before being killed.

Bing Free to Use Image

An Animal Did It

Animal hairs were found on Jonbenét’s body and on the duct tape covering her mouth, which led to some crazy theories that an animal killed her.

Facts Found on Business Insider